Thursday 31 December 2015

Kamikata Ken's Release tour ヒトスクイ ~Report~


I'm absolutely in love with Kamikita Ken's voice and music! (I'll call him either KK or Ken-chan in my post to make it short)
I know it's not a big deal to some people but for me, I don't usually buy singles or albums, I only buy them when I want to support the artist. Now everything is available on the internet (thanks to all the generosity of internet users <3), you don't need to pay but still get what you want. So the decision to buy live ticket, goods and two albums is equal to my tiny little support I can give him. As a token of my appreciation! I came across KK in the same way with other utaites. Maybe because I personally like this kind of voice so I immediately get attracted after a few songs. Then because I always focus more on the lyrics and most of his songs are extremely meaningful to me, I became his fan. Similar to Sekai no Owari's songs, I can relate to the music KK wrote (not all, ofc!). I'm planning to translate as many as I can of his songs.
Should get back on track, the Release tour!
It was unexpectedly amazing. The live was held at a small live house which approx 350~400ppl can get in. I never thought there were more than 300ppl coming for the live and yet, it was way more than that! I stood right in the middle at the back area (that is usually a little higher than the front). Thanks god the girls in front weren't too high to block my view, and yes, I got a full view of him. I love his voice so much when listening to the records and he even sounded better performing live. The problem with many utaites (from my friends' p.o.v) is that they don't always sound as good in real life. But KK's voice the other day was too powerful. I have been to quite a few live performances since coming to Japan so I know how noisy things can be. From the audio systems to the crowd's voice/cheer/scream, which make it hard to hear the singer's voice sometime. However, I think anyone who went the other day would agree that KK's voice was super clear. Ken-chan, how could you manage to sing much much better live??? The moment he sung Kokorone心根 my heart melted. Never imaged he would sing that 2.33 song (my fav) live, then continued with Yuragi ゆらぎ, the song that makes me fall in love with his music. Both my heart and ears melted by then! I think my tears busted out a little. The two songs that hurt me the most, the two most beautiful songs, the two that give me a lot of support were sung together! You have such amazing sense of music Ken-chan!
When I told mom that Ken-chan sounded not the same but even better than his Cd, mom was like 'He might lip-sync'. 'Lol no way, he messed up quite a lot'. A simple live house with very few setups, an unprofessional singer who sometime forgot the lyrics or unable to start a song properly. But more than anything was a man who went after his dream. A man who wrote powerful songs that have been supporting me since I knew about him. I'm sure I wrote this somewhere but I love people performing with the brightest smile! Well, when you sing emotional songs you can't really smile, but you can still feel if they enjoyed what they were doing or not through a live performance, somehow.
Thank you for writing songs with healing power. They are not super cheerful, but they are too realistic they hurt sometimes. At the moment all I can do is attempt to translate your songs into English with my poor language skill. It's suck that I prob unable to come to the next live because I'll go back to Melbourne and uni exam will be very close by then. But I'll always support you, in all the possible ways.

P/s: Ken-chan, you should know the phrase "I don't always write fun songs" is wrong...totally wrong, because it's more like "I write fun songs on rare occasions"


No comments:

Post a Comment